There is no question that America is a great country. However, you may agree that one of our nation’s downsides is the highly litigious tendency of our society. In other words, we are quick to call in the lawyers if we feel we have been wronged. You have probably seen the numerous cheesy commercials and highway billboards, where a smiling man with a fake tan tells you to call his office if you have been injured.
These types of lawsuits are occurring at an alarming rate and the monetary rewards resulting from these cases can be staggering. Jury awards and out of court settlements routinely run into the hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars.
WHY CARRY A POLICY?
- An personal umbrella policy serves as excess liability in the event of a judgment against you due to a loss, injury, or death cause by your negligence. In other words, it provides coverage for claims over and above the limits afforded by your current policies.
- An unexpected catastrophe could result in a large judgment against you. Even if you already have home and auto insurance coverage, your assets could in serious risk in the event of a catastrophic accident.
3 REASONS TO CONSIDER FLOOD INSURANCE
- Flood damage is not covered under a Massachusetts Homeowners policy.
- There is a 26% chance of experiencing a flood during a 30 year mortgage, compared to a 4% chance of fire.
- Floods have caused 7.1 billion dollars worth of damage in the U.S. in the past 10 years.
PROVIDING MASSACHUSETTS WITH COMPREHENSIVE PERSONAL INSURANCE PRODUCTS FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS